Kate gets so excited when Bard carries her. She grabs the sling and runs around the house screaming, "Daddy's going to carry me," over and over. That girl loves her Daddy!
Playing in the new sandbox :) Jackson likes to eat the sand as much as play with it! It seems like he's turned into a little boy overnight. He loves to be outside. Anytime the door is opened he makes a beeline for the outdoors. He loves getting dirty, playing with trucks, digging in the garden ... just being outside :) As for the outfit ... I guess it's what was clean at the moment :) Don't you think tie dye and camo go well together?
Mathis is borrowing his cousins lawnmower and he takes mowing the lawn VERY seriously! As you can see, not long after he "started it up," he came inside to ask for the headphones Bard wears when mowing the lawn. He said the noise was bothering his ears. I love this boy!! Bard can't wait until he can really mow the yard :)
It's so fun to get gifts for Emerson. Once you get upwards of 4 (gasp!) children, the gifts are fewer and farther between. Which is just fine since we really don't need anything ;) But it still feels so special when someone takes the time to hand make something to celebrate a new life just as special as the first. And getting in the mail only makes it more fun ... thanks Aunt Kay :)
Bard took off a couple of weeks after Emerson's birth and the kids LOVED it. (If you don't believe me I can post the video of them crying and screaming when he returned to work last week ... sigh). Anyway, they took two trips to the zoo. I'm not sure if the kids or Bard enjoyed it more ;) Isn't this picture wild? That bear is real!
Mama Kate ... she loves, loves, loves, her new brother. She and Mathis were hoping for a girl, but once she met Emerson, there's been no going back! Just a few days ago, she sighed as she was looking at him and said, I love my little brother. When she sees him for the first time in the morning, or after a nap, or after being out, she sits next to him and says: "He's my baby!" "Is he my baby?" "You're my baby." "That's my baby." "I want to keep him forever." This goes on for quite a while, getting more emphatic as she goes along. I love having a girl :) Here she is with some flowers she picked for Emerson (you can see them on the Boppy he's laying in.)
oh, she's not the only one that has a thing for this baby :)
Ha ... too funny. She came in complaining of her head hurting, so I gave her a frozen rice bag and she walked around with it just like this .... I guess it did hurt :)
Coming soon ... new Emerson pictures :)
4 comments:
love the updates...miss you...love you
the picture of Mathis mowing is priceless
your kids are soooo cute, i miss you all so much and asilomar wasnt the same without you guys. well congrats on emerson he is so cute keep the pictures comming.
Post a Comment