Monday, March 23, 2009

I have problems!

Hello all, here to share my updating dilemmas :) I have an obsession ... I feel the need to keep all my posts/pictures in order. So I feel like I can't post anything recent until I've filled in all the gaps since .... yup, October.

Problem #1: we're using a new operating system (I think that's what it's called ;) and I can't upload my pictures to Flickr :( This is necessary to keep from having to post tons of pictures here on blogger. Sooooo, I can't update!

Problem #2: I have a to-do list that I'm working on completing before the baby comes. Number 83 on my list: update blog. The problem here is that I'm afraid I'll psychologically delay having this baby until my list is completed. Soooo, I'm forced to overcome my obsession ... sigh! I'll have to condense the pictures for now and upload all the rest to Flickr when my sweet husband can figure out the glitch.

Thanks for hearing me out on that ... I know you don't really care, you're just here to see pictures of the kids. So, without futher ado ....

(Just so you know ... I won't be satisfied until I've posted every picture and event in order, so I'll be back. Of course, it could take another six months!)


First, these three ... enabling me to work on updating :) For the most part, we are blessed with wonderful nappers, something this mama desperately needs! Aren't they so precious?


This is typical Jackson, sprawled out over his bed, arms askew, usually on top of his blanket, rather than under it. He wakes up so sweetly. He can go from sound asleep to wide awake in a few seconds. Some days (and nights) he can sleep through anything and others, the slightest footstep on the carpeted steps wakes him. He's good for 11-12 hours of sleep at night and a good 3 hours nap in the afternoon. He needs it for all the energy he expends when he's awake :)


In Kate's life, pink is the only color worth discussing. Her walls are pink, her blanket is pink, her skirt is pink (today) and she wasn't so happy that her blouse had to be white! She always sleeps with a baby and usually it's more like 4-5. Each one must have it's own blanket, which can make bedtime a little crazy some days :) Somewhere along the line, she found the pillow Bard's grandma made us for our wedding and she claimed it as her own "pilwy." It has a heart on the fron that must always be facing in the proper direction before she lays her curly head on it. Every morning, and most nap times, she comes down with her blanket, her pillow, and any number of babies, each with their blanket, of course. Most mornings she creeps down the stairs so quietly and show up at the side of our bed :) What fun to snuggle with a little one!


Mathis ... such a big boy. Most days he doesn't take a nap, but today he fell asleep on my bed. He is a heavy sleeper ... nothing budges that boy, until he's ready to wake up. He's still as attached to his blanket as ever, maybe more! It's been through two overhauls in it's four short years, the most recent to cover the blue plaid with the emergency vehicle print, which he loves :) I love to watch him sleep because he's still my baby, sucking his thumb with his blanket, the corner edges of which are shredded - he calls it hair. It makes sense to him, because the other kids don't have shredded corners and they both like to hold my hair while they suck their thumbs. Mathis has always hated my hair anywhere near his face :) He's like me when he wakes up ... he prefers to lie in bed for 30 minutes, making that transition from sleeping to awake.

Sweet dreams :)

No comments: