Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Whew! We made it back from vacation in 5 pieces :) We had a wonderful time but we're still trying to adjust to the time change, which takes much longer with three little ones. We returned from cool California to an unexpected heat wave. Temps in the high 90's with humidity so high it felt like the low 100's. Ouch! We were thankful to have some fresh lemons from Bard's grandparents' backyard to make some refreshing lemonade :)

Our garden is flourishing and we're enjoying loads of greens.


I'll be back sooner or later with our vacation pictures, but in the meantime, here's a link to Matthew and Kathleen's wedding photos. I'm so proud of Melissa, she did an awesome job! If you don't have time to look through all of the photos, which I highly recommend ;), here's Melissa's blog post and I've included a few of my favorites below. Enjoy!

Kate and I at the rehearsal

Sweet, smiling Mathis



When did my little brothers grow up to be MEN? Wow, they should still be twelve or so ;)



Kathleen's rings in her bouquet


Wow, isn't Memaw stunning? I really hope that runs in the family!


I love this picture! We were so excited that Grandpa came, it was so good to see him!


Jackson in his little suit, which you can't really see, but it was cute!




I was quite pleased with those crazy jackets :) Poor Katie, her dress never reached her through the good old US Post Office, so she and Kathleen bought the light pink one on the day of the wedding! Hey, one less jacket for me to make ;)



Kathleen had planned an outdoor wedding, but a week of rain, and unseasonably cool temps moved the wedding inside at the last minute. It was beautiful, regardless. I loved the arbor Matthew built!

No comments: