Friday, March 7, 2008
Mathis and Kate are wonderful helpers around the house, but we've been struggling to teach them how to sweep the floor. The crumbs usually get moved around a bit but the floor is so large and it's hard to get them sweeping all the trash in one direction, let alone a pile! So I found this great idea online and tried it out this week. I marked a square on the floor using masking tape and then tore up some construction paper and sprinkled it around the square. Mathis used the small broom (which Bard made by cutting the handle down on a regular sized broom :) to sweep the paper into the square. Presto! A sweeper :) Then, with a goal in sight and a definite area to sweep towards, he swept the whole kitchen. We were both thrilled!! When we're done, we just throw the rug back over the square and it's hidden until tomorrow! Check it out in action!
An added bonus ... since the trash pile is clearly defined it doesn't get walked through (by Kate :)and tracked back over the floor.
One of the favorite pastimes around our house is reading and the kids always love it when Daddy is the reader. Even Jackson joined in this time. Of course, Kate was so excited to be holding him that reading time was insignificant :)
Not the greatest picture of Jackson, but it does shows off his cute little body. He's growing so fast! I really wanted to show off this cute soaker (diaper cover) I made from a wool sweater that I no longer wore. A couple of wash cycles and it was felted, then I cut it up and sewed this as well as an adorable pair of pants from the arms of the sweater. They also double as a diaper cover, but still need some elastic to be completed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment