Monday, December 27, 2010

Pre-Christmas Fun

Whew, December was a crazy month!! It came, we blinked, it was gone. Besides the usual Christmas fun, parties, music practices, and present hunting/wrapping/mailing, Bard was overseas for the week before Christmas. When he returned we went to see Santa just a couple of days before Christmas. Fun, it was!

When we arrived, Santa was just heading out to eat dinner so we stopped to say "hi" to Frosty. Santa saw us and stopped for a picture :) I think it was good for the little guys to get to see him up close here before we saw him in his big chair. Jackson loves to say, "I said ho, ho, ho, to him and he said ho, ho, back to me." He says the cutest things!


While we waited for Santa to return we checked out some of the cool displays at the store.


This is our free picture of us with Santa. I took a picture of it in the dark while we were driving in the car. Can you tell? I knew you'd understand :) The kids were so excited, they were all vying for his lap ... except for Emerson, which is why decided we'd all get in the picture.


We made these ornaments to remember Memaw this year. She loved to play Scrabble. They have little red plaid hangers on each of them, which are kind of hard to see in the picture. I gave one to each of my sisters and my mom. I think next year I'll make a bunch of them for our tree. In case you're wondering, Rouse was the street she lived on.

Cookies and milk for Santa and carrots and oats for the reindeer :)

No comments: